question

rupez1 avatar image

Inaccurate temperature reading

Hive mind, what do you have on this one…?

I’ve two of the type C (ASS2000) probes. I’ve trialed them both when connected to the cebo GX and the are both out by almost exactly +6C. They both read the same wrong temperature. I think I read somwhere that if you had Victron ‘Turbo Wizard’ status you could offset this error via the colour display. Does anyone have a hack I could use to get them reading correctly? Is there something else I can do to get them right (apart from subtracting 6 from the current reading that is…)

Thanks in advanice…

Temperature Sensorsensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
raymiller avatar image
raymiller answered ·

I've had a similar problem, I solved it by using my own using an LM335Z temperature sensor and implementing the adjustable circuit (as outlined in the datasheet) to remove any error the old fashion way using a potentiometer. If you look up the precision of the LM335Z datasheet it can be 6 typical and up to 9C max., it would be nice with the precision available today to have a much tighter tolerance +/- 0.5C is readily available.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thanks Ray. Silence from the Victron crowd though.
You can google this.

Or use the search function at the top of this page.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@RayMiller @Rupez1 The temp probes are device/s specific and cannot be interchanged. Using the probe, which is for the Inverter Smart RS, could explain why.231fa9f0-34f7-4ccf-9034-96c08c807855.jpeg

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks very much

Thanks very much I’ve had a search and I was wrong before. The probes I have are ASS1000 and should be compatible… I’m away from my boat till the weekend I’ll check again to be sure.