question

rupez1 avatar image
rupez1 asked

Inaccurate temperature reading

Hive mind, what do you have on this one…?

I’ve two of the type C (ASS2000) probes. I’ve trialed them both when connected to the cebo GX and the are both out by almost exactly +6C. They both read the same wrong temperature. I think I read somwhere that if you had Victron ‘Turbo Wizard’ status you could offset this error via the colour display. Does anyone have a hack I could use to get them reading correctly? Is there something else I can do to get them right (apart from subtracting 6 from the current reading that is…)

Thanks in advanice…

Temperature Sensorsensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
raymiller avatar image
raymiller answered ·

I've had a similar problem, I solved it by using my own using an LM335Z temperature sensor and implementing the adjustable circuit (as outlined in the datasheet) to remove any error the old fashion way using a potentiometer. If you look up the precision of the LM335Z datasheet it can be 6 typical and up to 9C max., it would be nice with the precision available today to have a much tighter tolerance +/- 0.5C is readily available.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rupez1 avatar image rupez1 commented ·
Thanks Ray. Silence from the Victron crowd though.
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ rupez1 commented ·
You can google this.

Or use the search function at the top of this page.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandre PY BLOUCH avatar image Alexandre PY BLOUCH commented ·

Dear raymiller, Do You have an wiring diagram for using these LM335Z transistor please ?!

Alexandre

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Alexandre PY BLOUCH commented ·
@Alexandre PY BLOUCH

It is possible to fix the offset of the 1000s. See here.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@RayMiller @Rupez1 The temp probes are device/s specific and cannot be interchanged. Using the probe, which is for the Inverter Smart RS, could explain why.231fa9f0-34f7-4ccf-9034-96c08c807855.jpeg

1 comment
2 |3000

rupez1 avatar image rupez1 commented ·
Thanks very much

Thanks very much I’ve had a search and I was wrong before. The probes I have are ASS1000 and should be compatible… I’m away from my boat till the weekend I’ll check again to be sure.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor