question

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird asked

Cerbo Wifi error stays after reboot

We are remotely helping a boating client who in 1000 klms from us, has lost mains power at the marina, batteries have drained and WIFI has been lost. Our last data on the VRM portal was 4 days ago. After power is restored, we have not been able to get the Cerbo to connect to his onboard WIFI as it has a "timeout error" after 30 retries. Understandable given the WIFI network was down so the Cerbo tried to reconnect many times.

We asked the client to bluetooth to the Cerbo with the phone Connect app and it says it is connected to the WIFI network, however the Cerbo touch 50 screen says it still has the timeout error even after the Cerbo has been rebooted.

We thought the reboot would clear all errors but this one seems to be a bit elusive. What are we missing?

Regards,

Trevor

cerbo gxerrorwifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

I can confirm that the Cerbo GX retry (30 retries) connection error when using wifi is not cleared by a reboot but is cleared by a power on reset. For remote telemetry this is not ideal as it requires the client to unplug and plug a power connector on the Cerbo. If Victron could improve this it would be appreciated.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi Trevor, my Cerbo GX is also 1000Km away from me, and when it happened, the only solution was to disconnect the power from it, wait 30s, and then replug the power, it should reconnect.

Michel

2 |3000

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

Many thanks Michel. I was hoping the reboot was the equivalent but obviously it is not. Not quite sure how to get the client to do this but we will probably make that the next step.

Thanks for the response.

2 |3000

Related Resources