question

matt09 avatar image
matt09 asked

Cerbo GX Wifi access point connectivity issues

Hi all,

I installed an off grid system in my home last April which has been running fine with no issues.

Set-up: Cerbo GX (firmware 2.60 - no touch screen), Smartsolar MPPT150/60, MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100, 4x pylontech US2000

No AC input from grid or generator.

Mostly it is connected to the house wifi with no issues - in fact I didn't need to touch it until December.

During the middle part of December and up to the present I have been shutting down the Multiplus over night to conserve the batteries due to overcast days and/or thick frozen snow on the panels reducing production.

The problem: Connecting to the wifi access point after several hours. More precisely if I use the reset button on the Cerbo I can connect using an iphone or ipad, but after some time (variable between 2 and 12 hours) it seems impossible to reconnect without recourse to the reset button. I get a message that connection is impossible, or the password is incorrect etc.

I've tried using the "forget network" on the iphone and trying to reconnect, a la Blue tooth etc, but no joy. The only solution seems to be to physically reset on the Cerbo. This is somewhat inconvenient as access to the Cerbo is difficult.

I've also tried connecting with a Linux laptop with the same symptoms.

Question: Is there something I am missing in the network setups - I haven't changed any settings form the defaults. Networking is a bit of a dark art to me! Any ideas????

Thanks in advance

cerbo gxwifiTCP IP Networking
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt09 avatar image matt09 commented ·

I think this is SOLVED! I repositioned the Cerbo a little further away from the other bits and pieces and now there is no problem with the connection. Maybe some interference from something or cables?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
matt09 avatar image
matt09 answered ·

I'm wondering if part of the problem is that the Victron Connect app has automatically connected to the Access Point before I have changed the wifi setting in the iphone? So that there is a conflict?

I was able to connect to the remote console after disconnecting Victron Connect....

A bit strange that the remote console indicates that it is not connected to the Venus HQXXX when in fact it is - see screen shot below.

img-1668.png

img-1668.png (113.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Are you trying to connect your Cerbo GX to your home LAN, using WiFi?

OR

Are you trying to connect with a laptop (or phone) to the WiFi access point of your Cerbo GX?

1 comment
2 |3000

matt09 avatar image matt09 commented ·

It's the connection to the access point that I'm (sometimes) having trouble with. No problems connecting to the home wifi.

As I said above I can connect easily after using the "reset" button - but after a time things get more hit and miss...

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources