question

hannevanlife avatar image
hannevanlife asked

Victron Blue Smart Charger IP22 and Battery Protect 12V

For the electrical installation of my van, I would like to confirm the correct connections between my products.
I have just received my Victron Energy Battery Protect 12/24 100A. This I will use in combination with the Blue Smart Charger and a 105Ah semi traction battery with a 100A fuse on the positive connection.

With the charger, I want to be able to charge my battery and use my loads, while I will want to use the Battery Protect to monitor and protect my battery when I don't have 220V connection.

schermafbeelding-2021-12-03-om-210908.png

The Battery protect did include a manual with wiring diagrams, including one with the charger and Battery protect, but it does’t show where the loads should be and so I guess this is meant for another use.

schermafbeelding-2021-12-03-om-210550.png

Which diagram to use and how?

Just don't want to mess these up, so I appreciate you help! Thanks

chargerBattery Protectwiring diagram
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
richard70 avatar image
richard70 answered ·

The first picture without the charger should meet your needs... sure you can use the second one also, but then the loads are connected directly to the battery and so it is not protected...

Not sure what the 2nd one may be useful for?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hannevanlife avatar image hannevanlife commented ·
Not sure, but I think it is an overcharge protection in the 2nd picture?

Thanks for confirming!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron BatteryProtect product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic