question

Michael Ziegler avatar image
Michael Ziegler asked

BMS ERROR E7- Simple Small Cabin Solar and Gen powered 25.16 Lithium Wiring Schematic -

Here is the mock up of my wiring schematic ...is there someone who can take a look at it and tell me if there is something I am missing? When I connect the BMS Load Disconnect - I get a BMS Lockout Error E7 - I have checked all my wiring and it is as shown ....so I am not sure what is creating the error? DC Victron Wiring .pdf

BMSBattery Protectwiring diagram
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

You can not connect the inverter through the SBP. Take a look at the SBP manual or search the community and your will see lots of posts and material about not connecting the Multiplus, or any inverter through the SBP. Further no charge source should be connected to the output side of the SBP, only input. Current can only flow from Input to Output and not the other way round. This means that the Solar charge controller is the wrong side of the SBP as well.

The VE.Bus BMS will protect the Lithium batteries from over charge and discharge events. The SBP is only needed for loads that the BMS can nots witch. You might even find that the VE.Can connected MPPT will have charge controlled through the Cerbo, thus removing the need for the Cyrix. I would suggest you read all the manuals and not just look at wiring diagrams.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michael Ziegler avatar image Michael Ziegler commented ·
Thank you ....but I am confused as I did pass this wiring diagram by my dealer - as I do not have anyone to help reconfigure this wiring diagram - I wonder if you can suggest how I might be able to get someone to correct my errors?
0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Ziegler avatar image Michael Ziegler commented ·

Ok...with your help and my dealer and a Victron Rep...we have a plan ....I have done a new wiring diagram and agree with your answer, so thank you for pointing me in the right direction - still in the draft stage - but here you go screen-shot-2021-12-27-at-144711.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources