question

koendekruijf avatar image
koendekruijf asked

Wiring diagram bmv712 and blue smart charger

Hello all,

I bought a new boat. In this boat we have an old charger and a analoge voltage meter. As a winter project I upgraded the charger and voltage meter to an Victron Blue Smart Charger IP22 12/20 (3) and a BMV-712.

As in most older boats the electrical system is a mess and I want to clean it up as much as possible.

I've got an household battery and a starter battery. My question for now is.... Is the wiring diagram which I made correct? Or is there still a problem.

In the current situation the negative lines of both the batteries are connected to the most left positioned switch. I understand this needs to be changed if I place the BMV712 in my boat.

Kind regards,

Koen de Kruijf

wiring-diagram.jpg

BMV Battery Monitorchargerwiring diagram
wiring-diagram.jpg (119.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Never turn the negative isolator off with engine running fuses in the alternator line and the battery cables Anyway this is a very ruff rehash of your diagram

1633849163291.png

1633849163291.png (279.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BMV battery monitors product page