question

athlonfx avatar image
athlonfx asked

Multiplus II GX ESS Pylontech US2000 seems running fine, should I upgrade firmware?

Hello everybody,

I recently got a Multiplus-II GX installed, combined with 2 Pylontech US2000 (new) and an EM24. It's configured as a grid tied ESS system. There's also a grid tied PV micro inverter (Hoymiles). Everything seems to work out fine, as far as I can tell. The Multiplus II GX detected both the batteries and the meter, charging and discharging seems to work as expected. The installed firmware version is 2.60.

Should I update the firmware to the latest version (2.73)? The ESS manual says it should be done with the installation - which wasn't.

If I update the firmware via the remote console (LAN), will the settings be reset as mentioned in the manual of the Multiplus-II GX?

Multiplus-IIPylontechfirmware updateem24
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

yes - that update for the GX device should be fine - BUT any software update can cause changes you dont like - so maybe use this advice- if its not broken then dont update.

only update if you are after new features or you want to fix a issue - is always good policy.

with the gx device you can always roll back to the older fw it needed so its not that big a deal.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
If you intend using VRM/VC for reporting and remote work then remaining current with the GX code is a good idea since they are all inter-related.
0 Likes 0 ·