question

sergiobob avatar image
sergiobob asked

Multiplus 2 shut down with Pylontech

Hi,
I have a pylontech battery and the Multiplus 2.
I want the multiplus to switch to mains at a certain battery level, e.g. at 10% battery level.
However, the multiplus goes down when reaching about 12%.

If I set the threshold to about 13%, it usually works without problems, and only occasionally (once a month) does it go completely down.

I will try to raise the threshold to 15% to solve the problem.

However, I am interested, why the Multiplus ever goes down, if he should simply switch to mains operation?
Sends the Pylontech battery possibly a shutdown signal, because if I remove the CAN bus Cabel from the battery, the Multiplus does not go down?

Thanks in advance!
Multiplus-IIPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Are you using ESS?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sergiobob avatar image sergiobob commented ·
Hello, no, I actually realized this with the standard interface of the virtual switch and in principle it works. Only this complete shutdown sometimes I can not understand.
0 Likes 0 ·
sergiobob avatar image sergiobob commented ·

here my configuration:

0 Likes 0 ·
1.jpg (98.3 KiB)
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ sergiobob commented ·

I think if you moved to an ESS system instead, this issue would no longer occur.

0 Likes 0 ·
sergiobob avatar image sergiobob Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for the tip. The Ess system is now intalled, until now there were no shut downs!

0 Likes 0 ·