question

albertramsbottom avatar image
albertramsbottom asked

Victron connect app android

Just brought a camper off someone and cant connect to the app that I have downloaded. It is visible when i start the app but just tries to connect and then the password box appears. According to the previous owner he used the default 000000 password but no luck

Is there a way of resetting the victron 100/50 MMTP?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Try restarting the app. If that doesn't work, stop the app, toggle flight mode off, then on and restart the app.

Do not connect in Bluetooth, then start the app.

Also check for anything else that may be interfering, like android radio.

There are frequent connection issues.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

albertramsbottom answered ·

OK thanks, I have forced stop and will now toggle airplane mode on and off and see if I can connect. The charge controller is visible on the app. If this doesn't work i have noticed that you can reset the PIN but with a PUK. I dont really understand that is why would I need my phones PUK to reset the PIN?

Cheers

Will let you know what happens in 5 minutes

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·
2 |3000

Tried that, for a few minutes I had two controllers to connect to but it still wouldn't work

So its either the Bluetooth which is unlikely as the app can see the controller or the guy forgot he had changed the pin. So I think I will need to change it. I do have my phones or sims PUK somewhere. It does say make sure you remove any paring but I haven't managed to pair it yet so that shouldn't be an issue

Thanks

4 comments
2 |3000

Hi @albertramsbottom

The PUK that you need to use is not the PUK of the phone or sim. It is a 12 character code that should be somewhere on a sticker on the BMV712. See this image as an example on how it should look:1590733539-upload-documents-1600-640-q90-bmv-712-s.png

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Can you make a picture of the sticker?

Maybe you use O (letter) instead of 0 (zero) or I (upper i) instead of 1 (one) or something like that.

Also compare the serial number in the app with the number on the sticker.

0 Likes 0 ·
albertramsbottom avatar image albertramsbottom Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Thanks

Will do but I will have to wait until tomorrow, to remove the controller

Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Partial pairing can be an issue. :-(
0 Likes 0 ·

OK I am going to have to remove it to see if there is a sticker with a PUK on back. If there isnt is it possible to get Victron to help with model number that can be seen by the app

Thanks

2 |3000

Right, mine is square 100/50 but I suppose the PUK will be on the back

Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @albertramsbottom

Oeps... somehow I thought that you had a BMV... On a MPPT, the sticker is normally on the back when it does not have a black heatsink and otherwise on the side on the black heatsink.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows