question

airstreamin avatar image
airstreamin asked

Battery Protect and BMV712 Bluetooth pairing-PUK code

My battery protect, & BMV712, unpaired themselves with the recent app update and suddenly are in need of a ”code displayed on.....“ whatever. These and the charge controller have been installed and trouble free for over a year. Research told me that I need a PUK code on the device which is alphanumeric. The data entry on the iPhone app is numaric only. I removed the bluetooth from my iPhone, disconnected the batteries for a short while, etc. no help. Same issue. 000000 didn’t work either. The solar charger pairs just by pressing continue w/o entering anything, but then it has power removed when the Airstream is in storage. The battery protect is difficult to access (which is why we bought the Bluetooth!) What is a guy supposed do do?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

I would suggest to try the following:

• Remove the devices from the bluetooth menu in the phone
  • Reset the PIN code of both devices using the PUK codes. The procedure is described here in the VictronConnect manual, chapter 3.3: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_manual
  • Reconnect in VictronConnect using "000000" as the PIN code. iOS might still ask for the "code shown on ....", but that is just wording in iOS as it expects the product to show a PIN code that needs to be entered.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

airstreamin avatar image
airstreamin answered ·

Thank you. The problem is the keypad that pops up for entering the code is numbers only, like a pin code. The PUK code is alphanumeric. The PUK code cannot be entered. The manual does not address that.... it assumes that letters can be entered.

Steve

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/connecting.html#UUID-a8177d17-8df0-58cb-8e60-f36c559ae974

On the device list: tap or click the three-dots menu on the right side of the product description. A menu will pop up offering a 'Reset PIN code' option. Click that, and enter the PUK code. The PUK code can be found on the product label, on the back of the product.

0 Likes 0 ·
airstreamin avatar image
airstreamin answered ·

oh, those three little dots..... yes thank you all! Success!

2 comments
2 |3000

fkfw avatar image fkfw commented ·

Did you NOT have to enter the alphanumeric PUK code? I'm having the same issue after disconnecting my house battery on my VW camper. The Victron app is asking me to enter the PUK code but the keypad in the app can only enter numbers, not letters and my PUK code has two letters in it. HELP!

0 Likes 0 ·

The following is copied from a comment below (but it might not be visible as you have to press show:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/connecting.html#UUID-a8177d17-8df0-58cb-8e60-f36c559ae974

On the device list: tap or click the three-dots menu on the right side of the product description. A menu will pop up offering a 'Reset PIN code' option. Click that, and enter the PUK code. The PUK code can be found on the product label, on the back of the product.

0 Likes 0 ·