question

Bill avatar image
Bill asked

How long does the Cerbo GX store our data if the network connection is lost?

Sometimes my coach loses its intenet connection and I still want that data to get into VRM. How many days will it store on the Cerbo before it is lost and won;t ever get uploaded to VRM? -Bill

cerbo gxVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It can store a backlog of a couple of days. You can increase this time by using external storage.
Check out the section on datalogging to VRM in the CerboGX manual:
https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/vrm-portal.html#UUID-ae6d6e24-ba26-2c3a-3421-af556b022b75

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bill avatar image
Bill answered ·

@wkirby After reading that article, It was not clear how large a space the internal Cerbo GX has available. So I am not sure if an old 32 GB usb stick would give me longer retention or not, I am assuming it would, if the 25 MB per day is close to reality, but that would make me think the GX only has about 50MB available, which is hard to believe. Does anyone know how large a space the Cerbo can use to store data for those "few" days? I have a lot of old small storage devices be it SDcards or USB sticks that can easily be reformatted to fat32 in Windows Disk Manager. -Bill

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

The Cerbo has a bit over 1200MB, this will give you enough space for a few days depending on the log interval.

I guess this can change if the Venus OS itself gets bigger with future updates.

screenshot-20210911-212635-01.jpg

German interface it says "free storage"

0 Likes 0 ·