question

rlynch03 avatar image
rlynch03 asked

Cerbo GX Tank Senders - non Resistive Senders (Via - Analog/Dig Inputs)

I understand the tank sensor inputs accept Resitive type senders only. Unfortunately my black water tank is a different type of sender. See attached. It has three senders that send three separate signals; one for empty, half full and full.

I was told there is a way to customize the analog/digital inputs to interpret those signals.

Has anyone done this and can provide tips?

Thanks in advance

download.png

cerbo gxtank monitor
download.png (62.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
devodave avatar image
devodave answered ·

Bit hard to read that so here is the full manual. https://www.seabreeze-industries.com.au/files/ResourcePDF/DTM04_User_Manual.pdf

Looks to be quite a simple device. Just basically three switches for the three levels involved. You aren't going to get a range of values... you'll get 0%, 50% and 100%.

If you're happy with that, trick the Cerbo into thinking you have (say) a 10-180 ohm sender. Hook up 10, 100, and 180 ohm resistors and combine the inputs. Hopefully you can work it out from there but if not ask and I'll draw up a circuit.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rlynch03 avatar image rlynch03 commented ·

Thank you much and yes please a hand sketch would be great!!! I think I understand though. Each of the three leads from each of the three senders will attach to one side of each resistor. The "load" side (lets call it) from each resistor will be spliced into one wire and go into the Cerbo GX.?.

To confirm run this Load side wire into the Tank input of the Cerbo?

Will I still need an Optocoupler or does the resistor eliminate the need?

Thank you again!!!

0 Likes 0 ·