Idea

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem suggested

Support more than 1 relay on Venus devices

The CCGX only has one relay however Cerbo GX has two and the Raspberry PI (including Stetson) have 6 defined.

Currently, systemcalc crashes if more than two relays are defined in /etc/venus/gpio_list.

There are four functions to which relay 1 can be attached: Alarm, Generator start/stop, Tank Pump, and Manual. Currently, only the first relay can be assigned to a function. The second relay is only controlled manually from the GUI (or dbus).

I propose adding full support for at least 3 relays so the three assignable functions can be output via relay at the same time. Support for 3 additional relays with only Manual control should also be provided.

Venus OSRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Comment

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie commented

Hi Kevin

If you assign the full support for the 3 relays for Genset, pump, and alarm i have the hardware in place for testing and verifying the operations, as well as 3x spare relays for manual operation which is used for mobile applications were the manual relays controls lighting, heating etc functions, which was started by Mark in the UK.

Raspi will have more useful relay functions than the Victron GX, CCGX units, this is why i have added the extra relays.

If you want to collaborate on this function just email me on. raduthie@gmail.com

I have open souced this project raspi Stetson design.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.