question

onrbikes avatar image
onrbikes asked

Issue connecting to Easysolar WiFi / change Battery settings

Have installed the WiFi Nano to my new 24v 3000 Easysolar and nothing is happening.

I'm offgrid.

On this link https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/4246/easysolar-absorption-float-voltage.html it states I can do this with Bluetooth. Is this correct?

Is the inverter supposed to send out a signal for me to connect via my android phone? My phone isn't able to find the inverter. Have tried numerous Youtubes but am unable to find one that can help me. This forum had a few answers but was unable to figure it out.

Sadly all I want to do is change the battery charge settings and am unable to do this basic task unless I'm online.

What do other users do who aren't online? ie many poorer countries and very rural areas.

Having had a Selectronic inverter for many years, where this was very easy, didn't require me having to go online to make adjustments. The Easysolar is a good looking unit and runs quietly, but am seriously annoyed that now am not able to do anything bar look at a few numbers.

If Victron wants us all to be online, why not make it easy?

I have an older set of lead acid batteries that don't like being the 28.9v for the long periods.

Is there any other way to change the battery charge settings on the machine itself?

BMV Battery MonitoroffgridVEConfigure 3charge current limitwifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@onrbikes

The color control does not make its own LAN you will need to connect it to a router for you to monitor it locally even if the router does not have internet access. This however will not give you options to program the inverter at all that feature is powered by the vrm and you will still need ve config and a laptop.

To program the Easy/inverter without internet you need a laptop ve configure available on the software download page and an mk3 adaptor. www.victronenergy.com/accessories/interface-mk3-usb

To program the mppt a ve direct to usb or a ve direct to blue tooth adaptor (https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/ve-direct-bluetooth-smart-dongle) if you would like to go beyond the rotary switch settings.

I don't think the mppt in there is Smart (at least ours on the 3kva is not) unless there has been an upgrade so programming it with Victron Connect will only be an option with the Bluetooth adaptor.

We have several off-grid installations and that is how we do it. Laptop, mk3, ve config.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

onrbikes avatar image
onrbikes answered ·

Hi Alexandra

Many thanks for taking the time and explaining this. Seriously helpful.

I think the Bluetooth adaptor is the way I'll go. This would allow me to monitor while inside the house as opposed to having to go outside.

Again, Many thanks

2 |3000

onrbikes avatar image
onrbikes answered ·

Have just installed the Bluetooth Dongle and it works.

Have managed to change the battery charging but.....

Found it odd there is no place to run the cable. I had to run the cable down through an opening of the Inverter.

I few hole at the Controller wouldn't go astray.

I now also realise the app gives me all the readings except for AC loads.

Is there any way to see if a load is left on via the app? Because we turn all our appliances off at night.

2 |3000