question

guru77 avatar image
guru77 asked

FW Update EV Charger failed

Hi!

I'm not able to update my EVCS from 1.27 to 1.28 - I try to do this from VRM Device List, as soon as I start there the update, the procedure stops at some point.

Sometimes at 5.x%, sometimes 12.x% etc. But it never ends.

Restarting EVCS did not help - any ideas?
Thank you!

bildschirmfoto-2024-04-09-um-153515.png

firmware updateevcs
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi, we have few reports about this issue, and we are looking into solving it.

Until then, you can download the firmware from Victron Professional and upload it thorough the webpage of the device. 1712670233174.png

1 Like 1 ·
1712670233174.png (301.2 KiB)
1 Answer
Topper avatar image
Topper answered ·

Hello, i did the firmware upload it through the webpage of the EV Charger and when it came back the WiFi network connection was lost.

After doing a scan of my WiFi networks (the SSID is 'a' which always have worked fine until this update) and connecting to it i did get the following (error) message;

ssid-fault.jpg

It looks like you cannot use a 1 character SSID anymore?

I've solved this problem by connecting to another accespoint (with a longer SSID name) and then it worked fine again.

ssid-fault.jpg (32.8 KiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

also for you VRM firmware update was not working correctly?

Yes, in 1.28 the SSID length is min. 2 characters. But we can make it back 1 in 1.29

0 Likes 0 ·
Topper avatar image Topper Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

No, the upgrade from the firmware through the webpage of the EV Charger worked fine for me. I was only suprised that the SSID must be more than 1 character, it would be nice if this fixed in version 1.29

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, it will be fixed in 1.29

But did you test the FW upgrade from VRM and didn't work? Or directly from the EVCS webpage?

0 Likes 0 ·
Topper avatar image Topper Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I did the firmware upgrade directly from the EVCS webpage that worked correctly

0 Likes 0 ·
Ok, I'm asking because there are some reports that is not working properly through VRM, and I'm collecting data.
1 Like 1 ·