question

fisherman avatar image
fisherman asked

MultiPlus 2 switching with Cerbo GX

Hello members,

I'm encountering an issue with my Victron system that involves the MultiPlus and Cerbo GX . Here's my setup: two Victron lithium batteries rated at 200Ah each, a MultiPlus 2 3000VA inverter/charger, a VeBus BMS 2, and a Cerbo GX for monitoring.

According to the user manual, it should be possible to switch between different modes and power off the MultiPlus when combined with a VeBus BMS 2. However, whenever I try to do so, the system indicates that this action is not possible.

I've made sure that the Cerbo GX is running the latest Beta version and have also tested with the official release, but the issue persists. Could this be due to misconfiguration on my part or something that requires adjustment? Could it also be related to a software update or compatibility issue between the MultiPlus and the VeBus BMS 2?

I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice on how to resolve this compatibility issue and ensure smooth operation of my Victron system.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Léon

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Fisherman

Firstly leave Beta until you have a working system.

Is all your firmware otherwise updated to the latest official release?

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/198991/multiplus-12160070-16-and-cerbo-gx-turn-off-invert.html

Where is the BMS V2 wired to?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
If it then becomes a problem when you move to update to beta again then post on the beta thread (for the version you are using) in modifications. That is where beta problems are reported.

Pleas do this only when you have confirmed it works in the official release first.

0 Likes 0 ·
fisherman avatar image
fisherman answered ·

Thank you for the initial advice; I will promptly revert the changes. I've ensured that all other devices are running the latest firmware updates. I appreciate you sharing the other thread; it was insightful and something I hadn't come across before.

Regarding my setup, there are several VeBus cables in place:

1. BMS 2 > Multiplus

2. BMS 2 > Cerbo

3. Multi > Cerbo

Based on the information from the other discussion, it seems that one of these connections needs to be reevaluated. However, I am unsure which connection should be removed for optimal functionality. Could someone kindly advise on which of these connections should be adjusted or eliminated?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

1 comment
2 |3000

fisherman avatar image
fisherman answered ·

That did the trick, I feel a bit silly now for not catching that in the manual. But thanks for the fast input and assistance!

2 |3000