question

jensvictron avatar image
jensvictron asked

VE Configure 3 not working after firmware upgrade of Multiplus II to v510

I upgrade my MultiPlus II (5000/48) to v510 and now try to configure it with VE Configure 3 (v9004236) but I am getting an error message that I need a newer version of VE Configure 3... but there is no newer version. Any idea? Does anybody has an older firmware so that I can downgrade it?

Multiplus-IIfirmware updateVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

9 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Solved! An issue in a sync system we have - this is not the first time and we'll look into making sure it can't happen like this ever again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

infi avatar image
infi answered ·

They update the firmware first but not the software yet. The only solution for me was a downgrade the firmware to v508.

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

@Jens.Victron

Thanks for reporting, Victron is working on a solution.

2 |3000

martin-kunz avatar image
martin-kunz answered ·

for me itś not solved victronconnect beta 6 does not serv the latest firmware v510 . 48/3000 GX and 48/3000 cannot correspond together - firmware failure.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

This topic is about veconfigure. the 5.10 firmware is not yet bundled with the beta VC app nor production release, so it won't be found. Manually update via veflash. What is bundled is documented in the release notes.

0 Likes 0 ·
martin-kunz avatar image
martin-kunz answered ·

may be the hole victron company needs a total reorganisation - may be - there is more than the device software is totaly confused - victron lost there stars.. i' m not satisfyed for now .

2 comments
2 |3000

lee-taylor avatar image lee-taylor commented ·
Alternatively maybe you should do as Victron suggests and hold off on updating the firmware unless there is a specific function you need or if it fixes a specific issue.
1 Like 1 ·
office avatar image office commented ·
Ja, das zieht sich durch - Laderegler, die am laufenden Band abgeraucht sind - sterbende Cerbos - Softwarechaos - ich bin tatsächlich am Überlegen, mich mit "Chinaschrott" zu beschäftigen!
-2 Likes -2 ·
julian123456 avatar image
julian123456 answered ·
Same problem..
where can I download the version v508 for Victron MultiPlus II 48/3000/35 GX ? I can't find these on the website victron proessional

thx

2 |3000

martin-kunz avatar image
martin-kunz answered ·

@ julian use the victronconnecttool - you get the option to downgrade the firmware to the V508 version klick on the upper right button to get version info

2 |3000

office avatar image
office answered ·

Gibt es von Victron eine Lösung? Läuft die V510 nun?

Das Problem ist seit 6 Tagen bekannt!!!!

6 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@office

Was genau ist dein Problem?

Ich habe heute problemlos ein System über das VRM Portal auf 510 geupdated und konfiguriert.

0 Likes 0 ·
trantoriana avatar image trantoriana Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Hi Matthias,

Based on your success I also just updated my MP2's to v510 (from v498).

I took the rvms file and upgraded the format and the ess assistant as required with the veconfigure 90.04.237, then saved as a new file.

In VRM I then tried to upload the new rvms file, and vrm complains:

An error occurred during the configuration process.

Error Message: 'Uploaded file does not match model and/or installed firmware version'

Error: mk2vsc-46

Not sue how to proceed now.

I have VE Connect installed locally, but I do not know how to downgrade.

Do I need to connect each MP2 separately or can I do that in bulk ?

ok, also found some password for VE connect.

Personally I would rather downgrade through VRM so my Phase 3 does not break.

I have trouble finding the 508 firmware on the professional website. I should be able to find 2623508.vff but I don't.

If I still downgrade using VEConnect, does it break the 3 Phase configuration?

Thanks, Trant

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ trantoriana commented ·

Did you use the setting file that gets downloaded automatically during the update?
Or did you use an "old" file that you already downloaded before the update? <- that doesn't work.

Read this and watch the video:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:remote_ve.bus_firmware_updates

Did you try to manually download the settings again, check/update them and upload it back to the system?
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

Can you share a link to your system in VRM so a Victron engineer can take a look at it?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Matthias,

> Or did you use an "old" file that you already downloaded before the update? <- that doesn't work.

Yep, that is what I did.

>Read this and watch the video:
> https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:remote_ve.bus_firmware_updates

>Did you try to manually download the settings again, check/update them and upload it back to the system?

Will try that. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Matthias,

>Did you use the setting file that gets downloaded automatically during the update?

Found it in the 'Downloads' folder, opened with VE Configure, upgraded the format and upgraded the ESS agents. On saving it created a merged version of the file.

Uploaded worked properly after that, Cerbo finds the ESS settings again.

Perfect ! Thanks for this life saver.

Trant

P.S. One thing I had to do is to set the switch to 'Inverter only' as I had set it to 'Off' to prevent the battery from being charged full force.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ trantoriana commented ·
Nice you could solve it.

Next time carefully read (and understand!) all the warnings.

2 Likes 2 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Thank you for your help @Matthias Lange - DE !

For anyone else reading this thread:

- our stats show already more than 3000 systems running the new version v510; without problems.

- I am not aware of any problems.

- for anyone considering to update: please understand that (a) updating this product group, your Multi or Quattro, is something to be done by your installer. That update process is too complicated to do it yourself. See also all the warnings. And (b) there is normally no reason to update Multis and Quattros.

I hope above puts any uncertainty wrt v510 at ease and also discourages people not familiar with this type of update to try do it themselves.

2 |3000