question

mo-awais avatar image
mo-awais asked

Multiplus-2 does not appear on victron connect

Hi all,

I am trying to update the firmware of my easy solar-2 GX 48|3000|35

I am using CAT5e (connected to one of the VE.bus ports) and Mk3 to USB to connect on my windows computer. When I open my victron connect app on windows laptop, on the device list page, in LOCAL section all I can see is EasySolar-2 and not multiplus 2.

What do I need to do for it to appear on victron connect?

I also looked online and found old method of firmware update using veflash. I can not find where I can download veflash anymore?

Please help

Multiplus-IIfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

best to download the VE configure software and then use the VEflash if the victron connect does not work.

anyway you should not play with the software fw unless something is not working.

A Multiplus II GX unit really has two units inside. A GX venus device and a Mulitiplus II device with a VE-Bus connection

so there are really two fws,

1 for the GX device this firmware IS NOT updated by the MK3 unit. use your web page and connect to the unit via wifi or lan cable or bluetooth (depending on model) then for the GX unit select settings then firmware and then check for updates.

The multiplus II units FW is updated via the MK3 or via the VRM and remote devices

suggest you look around and find some Victron PDFs on how to do this,

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/MultiPlus-II_GX/en/index-en.html

lots of other info as well like you tube videos etc

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cletusj71 avatar image
cletusj71 answered ·

I recently connected the Multiplus II 48v/8000VA110Amps to the CerboGx. However try as I may I can’t see the device in local or via VRM. I have changed different cables but to no avail. Any ideas? @Paul B

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

have you got ve-bus cable on the multi going direct to the ve bus on the cerbo (NO TERMINATORS REQUIRED)

please send photos of the multiplus connect and the cerbo connections

1 comment
2 |3000

cletusj71 avatar image cletusj71 commented ·
Yes I have a victron cable from the multiplus to the cerbo Ve bus port. I can send photos but essentially I see the Pylontech batteries, the BMV, the charge controller. Just not seeing the multiplus
0 Likes 0 ·
cletusj71 avatar image
cletusj71 answered ·

img-7265.jpeg@Paul B here are the photos. img-7266.jpegCerbo gx

img-7266.jpeg (3.2 MiB)
img-7265.jpeg (2.5 MiB)
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
8 comments
2 |3000

cletusj71 avatar image cletusj71 commented ·
@Matthias Lange - DE I don’t see the option to do any modifications to the multiplus. I just don’t see the Ve.bus /inverter on my cerbo gx. Any idea why?
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ cletusj71 commented ·

Can you make some screenshots of what you see?

Did you read the 2nd link I posted? There is also a video.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

0 Likes 0 ·
cletusj71 avatar image cletusj71 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE see attached screenshots. The inverter keeps showing as Off. so I can’t get any data from it or control it from the Portal. It also is not integrated into the system so it does not turn off the batteries at low SOC or voltage.

Timg-7271.pngImage Captionimg-7270.pnghe only thing is that it shows Relay 2 is open. I do not have the grid wired in.

0 Likes 0 ·
img-7271.png (756.1 KiB)
img-7270.png (1.1 MiB)

The MultiPlus is not shown in the device list so there seems to be a communication problem between the Cerbo and the MultiPlus.

- Check the wiring again

- try another RJ45 cable

- is the MultiPlus switched ON?

0 Likes 0 ·

@Matthias Lange - DE I have tried 2 cables. I will try a third but I doubt it’s the cable. What wiring could be wrong if the Ve bus is connected properly? The Multiplus is on and inverting. Can it be the cerbogx has an issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
Please make a picture of the connection at the MultiPlus.
0 Likes 0 ·

Here’s the inverter communication

0 Likes 0 ·
img-7261.jpeg (2.0 MiB)
cletusj71 avatar image cletusj71 cletusj71 commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE a picture of the inverter connection. Trying different communication cables image.jpgImage Caption

0 Likes 0 ·
image.jpg (3.2 MiB)
image.jpg (2.6 MiB)