question

link-cat avatar image
link-cat asked

Unable to decide MP-II 15kva vs. Quattro 15kva

Good morning everyone, I am doubting between the MP2 15kva and the Quatro or MP 15kva. The house is offgrid with 3*250/100 mppt and 1 fronius 8.2kw on the AC coupled side. 60kw lifepo4 battery. Also a generator.

I don't think I will ever need to parallel and the MP-2 would not be possible (but the normal MP would). Also on this forum I saw that in the future the MP2 larger units (8-10-15kva) will be able to

Internally, which of the two seems more robust? Will be charging an EV and supporting heating to the house (aerotermia) and a water pump (these are the big loads).

thanks

Multiplus-IIFroniusmultiplus in parallel
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@link_cat

MP2 and MPII are the same thing? Or maybe you know something I don't know?

0 Likes 0 ·
link-cat avatar image link-cat Alexandra ♦ commented ·
My mistake, I was referring to MP the older unit vs MP-2 (the "new ones")
0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas Alexandra ♦ commented ·
OP is asking the difference between the MP and the MP2
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ derrick thomas commented ·

Sorry I read 2 and II and got wires crossed.

FYI you can edit your post...fairly certain it was there in the OG post.

In any case irrelevant MP older unit does not have a 15kVa to my knowledge.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@link_cat

To answer the question.

The older MP units can do bigger surges. Temperature is less of an issue because of bigger form factor. So they can run harder for longer.

So if you don't have a need to the double relay system, every day of the week I would use the older unit.

Also the MP older unit does not come in bigger than 5kva to my knowledge but the Quattro does. Answer still applies to the older quattro units.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
link-cat avatar image
link-cat answered ·

Thank you very much, I saw online that to parallel units, the units must be from the same badge (or year). If I order one unit and years later decided to take another, could be an issue?

In the other hand, also have a bit of preoccupation about availability of the older units if something happen.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Yes it can be an issue.

Even if you bought two at the same time and only added one years later as a parrallel unit. Electronic aging also becomes a factor on top of hardware revisions.

The older units still have plenty of application. Victron will make them as long as there is demand.

You can always split the DB anyway and have a separate system for those circuits.

2 |3000

link-cat avatar image
link-cat answered ·

Will go for the MP-2 unit then, thanks!

2 |3000