question

colin avatar image
colin asked

Replacement GX - devices duplicated

I followed the instructions described via VRM > (site) > Settings > "Replace the GX device of this installation" to replace a CCGX with a Cerbo GX. Unfortunately, the Multiplus and BMV devices were duplicated in the process (see attached screenshot cerbo replace duplicate devices.png). I went and deleted the older instances. Now in "advanced" I only have the graphs for the new instances ("ve.bus system" and "battery monitor") since the change. Old data associated with the old instances is not shown.

What was my mistake? I wonder if perhaps I should have done the "Replace" action before re-plugging the Multiplus and BMV into the new Cerbo? However, there is no mention of anything like this in the instructions.

Any possibility that I might still be able to recover/merge the old data?

VRMgx devicevrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Colin

I don’t think you’ve done anything wrong.

I’ll see what can be done.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

colin avatar image colin commented ·

Hi Guy, thanks, much appreciated!

Edit - The data shows up on the download (as separate devices) so I can work with that. Hopefully we can discover what went wrong though for better experience in future.

0 Likes 0 ·
northtown2022 avatar image
northtown2022 answered ·

screenshot-20230826-063053-chrome.jpg

I believe the same thing happened here. Is there a way to modify the VRM instance to be same as original?

2 |3000