question

mikwebb avatar image
mikwebb asked

Cerbo GX changing the existing but unknown pin to enable bluetooth pairing

Hi I have bought a narrowboat with a fantastic Vitron system sadly none of the PIN codes are available and annoyingly many of the units are wall mounted in a cupboard hiding the PUK codes.

Anyhow I need to change the PIN code for the cerbo - as i cant get the phone app to show its details or update the firmware etc - but i see it doesnt have the 3 dots that you click in the app to access the puk code section (see attached pic - Elini Rosa cerbo GX) img-1762.png- so how do i change the PIN? the manual says this

Make sure that the Cerbo GX is powered on, and the Bluetooth LED is blinking.

Open the VictronConnect App within 10 meters of the Cerbo GX and wait for nearby devices to be discovered.

Once discovered, Click or Tap on the Cerbo GX.

On first connection you will be asked to enter a bluetooth PIN code - the default PIN is 000000

You will then be asked to change this insecure default PIN code to a more secure unique code. Please set your unique code, and then put it in a safe place for passwords in case you forget.

but i get no success with the 6x0s so its clearly been changed previous and i cant access the PUK neither can i see the option to enter a PUK anyhow? help please

many thanks in advance Mik

cerbo gxBluetoothconnection issue
img-1762-copy.png (127.3 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Local connection via bluetooth is not really useful.

Click on the VRM tab, and see if you can connect to ur GX device, and lower connected devices.

0 Likes 0 ·
mikwebb avatar image mikwebb klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
ok thanks for that I will try this at boat later
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ mikwebb commented ·
Also if you can get into Remote Console, Settings > Bluetooth
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
gloya avatar image
gloya answered ·

I have exactly the same issue but all my equipment is new, so it hasnt's been set up to my VRM and, because I haven't been able to pair my cellphone with the CerboGX, I cannot see the IP address to use the Remote Console option.

Also I already try the reset button on the base of the CerboGX but it didn't work.

Is there any other option that I could try?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi, you could look on your router in order to get the IP address, or trying again to connect to the Cerbo, by rebooting your phone, and using the BT search & pair function.

Michel

2 |3000

gloya avatar image
gloya answered ·

I followed the troubleshooting steps in the manual and online:

• Forget CerboGX device and try to connect again.
  • Pushed and held the reset button at the bottom of CerboGX.
  • Power cycled the CerboGX.
  • Restarted my cellphone.
  • I also unistalled and reinstalled the VictronConnect app.

In this case the address I need is the "Link-local IP address" that is previously set up. But I need to pair my cellphone to the CerbGX as well.

2 |3000