question

stitch-up avatar image
stitch-up asked

Update Fails Victron Energy Blue Smart IP22 Charger 12/30(3)

I just received a brand new Victron Energy Blue Smart IP22 Charger 12/30(3) purchased from Amazon. I already own the Victron, smart solar charge controller with built-in Bluetooth.
I switched the charger on and paired it via bluetooth to my Samsung S20 - no problems there. When connected to the charger I was prompted to update the firmware, I had a very solid internet connection and the update process started, reached about 8% and failed with an X88 error. I tried many times to update the firmware with the same failure. Now when I switch the charger on I get fast alternate flashing red LEDs. I'm still able to connect to the charger and it now says - update firmware from none to 3.4 however, I get the same failures!
I'm about to repackage and return the item for a refund unless I get a solution to my issue.
Regards
John

chargerVictronConnectfirmware update
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

Good to here that the update completed in the end. I do would like to point out that an internet connection is not needed for a firmware update. All firmware is included within VictronConnect and is thus not downloaded from the internet.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

No need to "pair" your phone with the charger, just start VictronConnect.

Can you try to use another phone?

Create a service report after a failed update and attach that report here.
https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/troubleshooting.html#UUID-98bc9211-902b-01a0-96b9-1f314c4d63c5

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stitch-up avatar image
stitch-up answered ·

Thanks for the reply Matthias, perhaps I should have clarified - when I say 'pair' I mean I enter the 000000 to connect.
I've managed to reach 92% but it then fails again with an X95 error! I will try another phone when one becomes available later :)
Old phone became available and updated without issues - how strange and thanks again.
John

2 |3000

stitch-up avatar image
stitch-up answered ·

Using the Samsung Galaxy s10 Plus 5G = wouldn't update at all.
Using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Plus and it updated perfectly. :)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows