question

jimwsmith avatar image

MPPT 100/50 Firmware bug V1.50

After upgrading firmware through Victronconnect, the Battery current display is wrong. For example 650W of solar power displayed, close to 50A actually coming out of unit but Battery Current display shows only 9A for 3 or 4 minutes, then correctly shows 49A. The Battery current display used to be correct and vary continuously with the actual current out of the unit but now just seems to be (very slowly) randomly updated. How do I revert to previous firmware whilst the bug gets fixed?

VictronConnectFirmware Update Issuebug report
1 comment
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Example screenshot of error attached

2020-05-22-130855.png (273.2 KiB)
4 Answers
jimwsmith avatar image

Confirm that Victron Connect V5.24 does fix the issue for me.


1 comment Share
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thank you @jimwsmith - good to hear that confirmation - that helps putting our stress levels back to normal.

jimwsmith avatar image

After recent Victron Conect update the bug remains

2 comments Share
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Pls check the version of VictronConnect you are running: v5.22 or v5.23 or v5.24?


its fixed in v5.24

Thale avatar image Thale mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ ·

I'm running 5.24 and I see no watts or amps, what did you do?

jimwsmith avatar image

Thanks - that is a temporary fix, leave the Smart Network and battery current is real-time again.

Share
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image

Hi @jimwsmith, thank you for reporting this. We found the same: on smart solar chargers with VE.Smart networking enabled (synced charging for example) the battery current reading is very slow to update, or not update at all.


My apologies for this - we'll have it sorted within a few days.

6 comments Share
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @jimwsmith, an update: last night we released VictronConnect v5.24, which fixes this issue. In case you’re on a Apple phone/tablet or laptop, it might take max a few extra days for the store to accept the version and make it available for you.


apologies again & thank you for helping to make a better product.

KingRanchFan avatar image KingRanchFan mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ ·

Hello, I noticed my controller doing the same thing after the update today. After coming to this message board I see I need victronConnect V5.24 but after checking my iPhone that is the version it says I have. Now not sure what to try other that shutting off the networking to the battery monitor to see if makes any difference. Should we delete and reload the app? How can force a reload v1.50 on the charger? If is really fixed I’ve got to have a bad file update.

Hi @KingRanchFan , it wont be necessary to reload firmware - there cant be bad installed firmware or bad installed app.

Sounds like it wasnt fixed completely - or - a second similar problem.

What Victron components do you have installed?

KingRanchFan avatar image KingRanchFan mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ ·

I just noticed something, when I had problems yesterday I took a screenshot of the firmware. This was at 10:38 in the morning I noticed in the bottom of the picture I see v5.23. But when I came home and started to research the version on my phone it says v5.24. That can be seen in the screen shot at 8:44. I am assuming that could be the problem, anyway the charger only talks to a BMV-712 battery monitor by the networking feature

So I am going to run over to the camper and see if it wants to update, because I’m not sure which VictronConnect version it used.

Update: v5.24 did fix the battery current slow display. The iPhone must have updated to the newest version after I left the camper. Thanks again for your quick response. It now shows v5.24. In the lower right of the screen.

Thats great; thank you for going over there and confirming - I was starting to worry about this.