question

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE asked

Blue Smart Charger advanced settings

Hi,
in the demo library of the current VictronConnect version you have the possibility of advanced settings in the Blue Smart Chargers(at the bottom after changing from "normal" to any other preset).
In this advanced settings you have a lot of settings to change.
But with a real charger this option is not available.
Will this be a future feature or is it a bug in the app. If it is a future feature when will it be available?

Greetings from Germany

chargerVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi both,

At this moment only the Blue Smart IP65 Charger 12/25 & 24/13 support advanced settings.

These are also the only two chargers that have enabled advanced settings in demo mode.

Advanced settings for the remaining range of Blue Smart IP22, IP65 and IP67 Chargers will become available later this year.

15 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mondeoman avatar image mondeoman commented ·

It would be really great if Absorption Duration could be set to 0 or something less than 10 minutes.

For large capacity LiFePo4 banks and small chargers (charge current less than 0.2C), the battery is already fully charged when cell voltage reaches about 3.45 volts. Any absorption time here is just overcharging. At slow charging rates, big batteries have already "absorbed" all the charge.

I'm also not a fan of Repeated Absorbtion for LiFePo4. Just floating them at 3.375 volts keeps them full and compensates self-discharge.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff) Please don't mark your own answer as "accepted" ... because:

With the current version of the app I can use the advanced settings with all demo chargers.
(after changing the preset from "normal" to an other preset)

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Ah; thats a bug in VictronConnect. Will be fixed asap. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Ps; also at @hewicker: we’re working really hard on rolling this out to all models; I’m sorry that the demo mode lead you to believe its already in.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Ok, now I can mark this as solved for me. :)

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

:thumbsup:

0 Likes 0 ·
hurley avatar image hurley commented ·

Quote mvader: "Advanced settings for the remaining range of Blue Smart IP22, IP65 and IP67 Chargers will become available later this year."

Hello mvader, could you please clarify if these advanced settings will be possible via a firmware upgrade on existing hardware or is a future hardware version also required?
Specifically I have just ordered an IP65 12/10 Blue Smart Charger and would very much like these features. Should I cancel the order and wait for a hardware revision or will the one I've ordered be upgradable?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ hurley commented ·

Hi @hurley

No hardware upgrade needed, your charger firmware can be updated.

0 Likes 0 ·
hurley avatar image hurley Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

That's great news thanks for the fast reply Daniël.

Does that also apply to the data logging feature per the IP65 12/25 Demo?
If so, is the data written to the charger itself or is the bluetooth connection required throughout and data is logged to the phone app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ hurley commented ·

Hi @hurley

I don't know...

0 Likes 0 ·
bjorndanwihl avatar image bjorndanwihl commented ·

Hi Victron Team,

When will advanced settings for Blue Smart IP22 Charger become available? Would like to have the possibility change the Li charging algorithm. The one that is available is not optimal.

Thanks,

Bjorn

0 Likes 0 ·
bjornb avatar image bjornb bjorndanwihl commented ·

I am also wondering when the Blue Smart IP22 Charger will get advanced settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ bjornb commented ·

Hi, all - with a bit of luck that will be this week. We're currently finalising the release of a new update that adds this and more. Keep an eye out on our blog: www.victronenergy.com/blog

0 Likes 0 ·
col-a avatar image col-a mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi. It's really great that we now have advanced settings for blue smart chargers. However, there are a few settings that exist in the smart solar chargers that would be great to also have. Such as the absorption tail current, and the extended recondition settings. Any chance of this happening?

0 Likes 0 ·
bjornb avatar image bjornb mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

The new advanced settings looks great. It seems like I can add custom profiles to charge 4S liion batteries as well now (~16 Volts). I have some Nissan Leaf modules I am considering doing a POC on..

0 Likes 0 ·
hewicker avatar image
hewicker answered ·

I just got my Blue Smart Charger today and am pretty disappointed this feature ist not present like in the demo. I need it to customize the voltages for my LiFeYPO4 battery.

2 |3000

petoro avatar image
petoro answered ·

I bought two IP65s 5A and I'm also disappointed with the lack of advanced settings. I checked it before buying them in DEMO mode .. at VictronConnect ..

2 |3000

hobi avatar image
hobi answered ·

... and today - Nov 2021? Are the advanced settings available now for the Blue Smart IP65 12V chargers 5/7/10 etc. as announced by @mvader in May 2020?

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic