question

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa asked

How to check the health of Pylontech US2000C in an off grid system

I have been asked to solve a opoorly installed offgrid set up with a Multiplus 48/5KVA, 4 x US2000C type Pylontech batteries (actually rebranded TAB), a 250/85 MPPT and a Color Control.

The MP was not configured and thus charging to lead acid levels (57v etc) and the batteries giving alarms and switching the system off. I have corected the configs and ordered a wifi dongle to connect to their router however and will connect that Monday (when they let me go back), however;

How do I check the state of health of these batteries? I suspect they've been overcharged and may be damaged. They do complain about running out of battery power since a month ago or so (Spain so days getting longer here).

Thanks in advance!

Pylontechbattery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You will need the right cable and battery view software. That would allow insight into the bms events.

May be worth inspecting the cells visually and/or testing the cells individually.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

Thanks nickdb. As it's originally someone elses install, and they'll have to fight the now possibly defective batteries with the client, I'm reluctant to open them up. I thought I'd see what VRM data can offer once I connect her to internet but was wondering if there is something to look out for that someone may be away of when regarding overcharged batteries.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic