question

Roberto Znconato avatar image
Roberto Znconato asked

Pylontech battery balancing

Just added to US3000C batteries to an existing pair of US3000C batteries. Started balancing operation all commss cables removed as well as lines to inverter. balancing started as expected but after a few hours the 2 existing batteries continue to show discharging but the new batteries are in standby. Restarting the balancing procedure shows that the new batteries are still on 3 LEDs whereas the old batteries are on 5 LEDS. Balancing continues for a few minutes and then they go into standby again. Is this normal and do I just have to wait overnight for balancing to complete. Or is there something I’ve missed.

PylontechbatteryBattery Balancer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Roberto Znconato

Charge each one separately to 100%. be careful to stick to the charge current for them or use DVCC to allow control.

Then add them together, the new ones as the master.

It is a total pain but the best way. the pylons don't allow the discharge from one battery set into another like that.

Or you can connect them all up and on charge with comms and DVCC and let them sort themselves out with a charge current. In a stack they can control themselves separately anyway.

I prefer the charge separate and add to the bank at full charge, it is best practice.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lonso avatar image
lonso answered ·

I'm exactly in the same situation. What did you do finaly ?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic