aux Image

aux

aux inputs

can someone tell me what i can program the aux inputs to do? is there a list of things they can be programmed to do;.

john79horton asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus 2 5kVa 48v GX, issue with AUX1 with CT sensor & ESS - Round 4

So I have been going round in circles with this issue from shortly after I got my Multipllus II GX 5kVa 48v unit. I connected a CT sensor to AUX1 as per the Victron instructions, set the dip switches to 1,2,3, set the CT sensor in the assistant in VE configure 3 as per my arrangement with PV on AC1 out and set it to AUX1, as how I had connected it. All was fine for the few hours before the option to download the Remote VEConfigure files had disappeared from the VRM portal. Found some info about how a firmware update was required, which I did and form that moment ESS stopped working.

After 2 days and 3 posts on this Victron Community page, @Rob Duthie came to may aid and between us, we worked out that it was the sensor was the issue. I has assumed that after the firmware update it had removed all assistants, that stopped the CT sensor form working correctly after the firmware update. I unplugged the CT sensor form the AUX1 and ESS started working again. Brilliant, I thought we knew what the issue is and I'll fix another day.

I ordered another 40A CT sensor assuming the sensor was damaged or I did something to it to prevent it from working correctly, reconnected it to AUX 1 as per the instructions, set up the current sensor in the VE Configure 3 app, uploaded the file and then restarted the system, but again ESS stops working.

Maybe I am missing something but if I have following the instructions to the word, can some one help me and shed some light on why ESS is not working when I connect the 40A Victron CT sensor to either AUX1 or AUX2? Am I doing something wrong?

I have now connected the sensor to AUX2, of which I still have no reading for the PV input as I did before the firmware update but at least ESS is working. Could I potentially have a faulty unit? 2 weeks of having this unit running and a 50% down time, I am quickly losing faith.

[image]

[image]

The reason for not not trying AUX 2 previously as first I did not know the issue was with the Multiplus II GX unit and also I had other uses for AUX2 already wired in.

Jason - UK asked
Jason - UK answered ·

1 Answer

Testing AUX1 & AUX2 to identify faults - Multiplus II 5kVa GX 48v

Does anyone have a link to where I can find guidance on testing the Aux contacts on a Multiplus II GX unit? I have 2 non-operating Aux contacts. The only thing that has been connected is 2 Victron 40A CT sensors and after a firmware update the unit appeared not to be working to its full capability. No VRM graphic any longer for the PV and no working CT sensors.

Jason - UK asked
Jason - UK answered ·

1 Answer

Disable charger Multiplus-II, but it turns on and off by itself.

Quick one, I have disabled charging on my Multiplus-II 24/3000/70 by using the "charge current control" assistant and closing AUX2. The strange thing is that intermittently the multi goes into charging mode for half a second and then back to passthru. No relays are clicking or anything. It creates the following graph in VRM:

[image]

A bit annoying, why is this?

mrhappy asked
mrhappy edited ·

1 Answer

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

There are currently no experts identified for this topic. Can you answer questions in this topic area? Community members who provide answers that are marked as correct earn reputation and may become recognized as topic experts.