question

mstr avatar image
mstr asked

Remote control on/off Orion DC-DC isolated by using Color control GX

I would like to control my Orion DC-DC on/off remote by using the CCGX (color control GX).

Goal is to remote control on/off when needed and automatic on/off based on battery voltage setpoint low/high. (disconnect when battery low and reconnect when battery charged and ready.)

I understand it should be possible to use the relay on the CCGX, but I can't find a good description how to do it.

Anyone have experience and could guide me?

CCGX Color Controlorion-tr smartremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @mstr

You could probably do this with the generator function.. https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/CCGX/en/gx---generator-auto-start-stop.html

I use an assistant in a Multiplus to switch my Orion, and it works well. Don't even remember why I chose that before my CCGX, but both ways should be ok.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mstr avatar image mstr commented ·
ok and thanks

What about the wiring between the orion and multiplus?

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ mstr commented ·
@mstr

You have a Multi? I just ran a single thin wire pair, as I would have too for the CCGX.

I think I may have chose the Multi because I wasn't sure if the relay function was reversible in the CCGX. Ask if you need help with the Multi.

0 Likes 0 ·