question

kstyler avatar image
kstyler asked

Multiplus SOC via Cerbo GX

Hi,

in my setup I have an Cerbo GX, a Smart Shunt and an MPPT. All connected via VE.Direct Cable. I would like to add an Multiplus 12/800 and connect it via VE.Bus to the Cerbo. Will the Multiplus get Information such as SOC and Temperature from the Smart Shunt via the Cerbo?

Best Kirsten

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxSmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Kstyler

Yes, you can do that by invoking DVCC. You can select the source of the parameter, say V and SOC from the Smartshunt and maybe Temp from the Multi. That leaves a free port on the shunt for an aux or midpoint V. Some Multis come with an included T sensor.

I like to use the Current from the shunt to drop my mppt from Absorb to Float when appropriate.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/dvcc---distributed-voltage-and-current-control.html

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kstyler avatar image kstyler commented ·
Thank you. Made it work, but I can't select the current and V sensor? What am I missing?
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ kstyler commented ·
@Kstyler

It's difficult to diagnose remotely without more info.

Understand that there's no 'flag' to tell you where certain parameters are being passed from. That's only shown in the Cerbo selections. Eg. Current from shunt won't be shown in mppt logging, but you'll see it at work if you have the Tail amperage set in the mppt, and when this is satisfied the mppt will drop to Float.

Voltage you may never notice if your system is set up with ample wiring and have no kit that's 'biased'. But once set in DVCC it should show the same everywhere, only subject to reporting delays.

0 Likes 0 ·
65nw avatar image 65nw commented ·
Does the dvcc sharing work with quattro inverters as well?
0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler 65nw commented ·

Yes. Quattros are Multis with a second AC input - though often available in different voltage/power combos.

1 Like 1 ·