question

lifgun avatar image
lifgun asked

MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100

I'll try to update the MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100 remote (over VRM)....and he rejects the update with the error code 1391.....any thought why ?

VRMerror
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Could you give us some more details please?

Maybe a screenshot? What firmware are the Multi running at now? What GX device do you have (firmware)?

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Lifgun

I have had this happen a couple of times uploading an altered ve config file for an installation, I found trying again after a few hours helps (one site a whole day later). It is possibly a network/internet issue, or the installation is trying to upload VRM information. So it may not have stored or save correctly to the GX.

The other reason may be because the system restarts when updated and power to the internet router is cut off so no connection. Did it update at all? (it does uplaod to the GX device before updating so does not need for internet connection to be successful) Sometimes my remote configs were successful even though the error comes up.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pierrot avatar image
pierrot answered ·
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Note if you have a VERY early model of a CCGX - these unit cannot be used to update the firmware remotely, this coulds be your Issue - its below a certain serial number that this issue occurs, It could also be that try again will work if the serial number is higher - but My guess is that your CCGX serial number is a early version, and you will not be able to update the multiplus' Fw remotely

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

This early CCGX issue shows clearly in Device List as "Not updatable (1342)". It won't even attempt an update.

0 Likes 0 ·
lifgun avatar image
lifgun answered ·

Thank you Guys....I was trying to upload the latest firmware, den Inverter is quite new...but I'll try it again when I'm around (not remotely). The access is over the Cerbo unit (there, the firmware upgrade was remotely possible). Keep you posted !

2 |3000

PeterM avatar image
PeterM answered ·

The MP must have a minimum firmware version number of 426. If below it wont work . Not sure if it will attempt to or not https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:remote_ve.bus_firmware_updates?fbclid=IwAR3I2kcfqKnH70t1m4VUuHrvqCGIFbLVQoWEKyO05Aw42ps5Or7WLJWb4Y4

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic