question

myhomebuzz avatar image
myhomebuzz asked

Connection of a CERBO GX with a Shunt

Hello Folks

I have a request:

Connection of a CERBO GX with a Shunt.

What's the best way to do it:

1. Connect a BMV-712 Smart to the Shunt supplied by RJ12 wire and then connect the BMV-712 Smart to the Cerbo GX?

or

2. Connect a Shunt Smart 500A directly via VE Direct to the Cerbo GX?

And another question about the BMV-712 and Cerbo GX:

3. Are the information displays on the screen of the BMV-712 Smart also visible by the Cerbo GX with its remote Touch GX screen?

4. Is it necessary to have a BMV-7... connected to the Shunt if you have a Cerbo GX and its Touch GX screen which can be connected to the Shunt by VE Direct?

Thank you for your answers

cerbo gxBMV Battery MonitorSmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yes its necessary to have the shunt connected to the BMV unit via the RJ11 Cable supplied, you then connect the BMV display via VE Direct cable to the Cerbo, The Cerbo will display all the BMV information,

You CANNOT connect the standard shunt directly to the Cerbo UNLESS you use a Smartshunt victron unit , The smart shunt does all same things but the smartshunt has NO display

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

myhomebuzz avatar image myhomebuzz commented ·

Thanks @Paul B for your answer.

Therefore, I will connect the SmartShunt 500A to the Cerbo GX by VE.Direct cable.

And for the temperature sensor, it connects from the SmartShunt 500A Aux or from the Cerbo GX or from the MultiPlus-II ?

With two batteries in parallel, I connect from the VBatt+ output of the SmartShunt 500A to the + of the first battery and the temperature sensor to the + of the second battery, right?

Thank you for your support.

0 Likes 0 ·