question

Bill Flowers avatar image
Bill Flowers asked

VictronConnect reports No Devices Found

On my Android phone trying to connect for the first time to my BMV 712 all I get is "No devices found". Thinking I have to pair first I went to the Bluetooth pairing setup on my phone which found the battery monitor and paired using the default 000000 password. Back in the VictronConnect app spins the arrow looking for devices until it times out and again reports "No devices found". The battery monitor display is able to show me details on my battery bank so I know that part is working.

VictronConnectBluetooth
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bill Flowers avatar image Bill Flowers commented ·

The phone is an LG V20 running Android 8.0 Oreo

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

try a different phone,

you could also try. Unpair the unit and try again making sure you are connected to the internet at the same time

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bill Flowers avatar image
Bill Flowers answered ·

In the time since I posted the question and now I tried unpairing then rebooted my phone. After that it worked. So consider this issue closed. Paul, thanks for your response.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks for reporting back.

1 Like 1 ·
yull avatar image
yull answered ·

Hello, i have the same problem but your solution do not work

I try on android phone and computer.

2 |3000

kassoe avatar image
kassoe answered ·

This is tricky so here is my experience in case it can help someone else: No devices were found on my main phone (LG Andoid). Full visibility on two other Android phones. Unpair and attempt to pair again did not work. Uninstall/reinstall of the app did not work. Restart of the phone did not work. However, switching the bluetooth off/on in the phones's settings did work. Now the devices are visible.

2 |3000

friaras avatar image
friaras answered ·

Hello, had this problem not long ago, I tried several things on a new Samsung A20 with android 9 Pie, nothing worked with the latest version (5.20) at the time, downloaded an older version installed and it worked, just my 2 cents.

2 |3000

sebastianlehmann avatar image
sebastianlehmann answered ·

I have same issue on S8+, since last update on the App, the BT is simply a nightmare.

My equipment is a Blue Smart BCha4ger 24/12amp

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows