question

steve-may avatar image
steve-may asked

GX Touch 50 restarting spontaneously

Hi guys, my GX Touch 50 keeps power cycling spontaneously. I am running V2.66 firmware on Cerbo can’t upgrade to 2.71 as I think internet connection is poor. Anyone know why the touch screen keeps restarting?

cerbo gxgx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Is it the touch screen or Cerbo itself?

There's an option in VRM settings menu on the Cerbo that will reboot Cerbo if it can't connect to the VRM server. Check to see if that setting is enabled, and disable it.

cleanshot-2021-07-08-at-123051.jpg

You can do a Venus software update using an SD card or USB flash drive. Download the .swu file and put it on a memory card formatted FAT32. Place the card in Cerbo. It should display a message asking if you want to install the software.

v2.72 is the latest Venus software:

venus-install-sdcard-einstein-20210705122736-v2.72.img.zip

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

steve-may avatar image steve-may commented ·
I have another question! Probably a silly one. Do I connect to the Venus access point to use VRM or Is it my WiFi?
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem steve-may commented ·
You eventually need Venus to connect to the internet for VRM to function. You can either use an ethernet (wired) connection to the Venus device or set it up to connect to an existing access point (Wi-Fi).

Cerbo (others?) allows you to enable an access point for local phones, tablets and computers to display the Venus GUI but this does not get you connected to the internet.

0 Likes 0 ·
steve-may avatar image
steve-may answered ·

Thanks for this I’ve disabled that setting as you suggested.

2 |3000

Related Resources