question

david-d avatar image
david-d asked

Multiplus 3000 Issues After Firmware Update

I have two MultiPlus 3000 (one for each leg on the Trailer) which I normally monitor through the VE.Bus Smart Dongle (Bluetooth). They updated firmware over VE Connect on Saturday. Since the update, when I look at the Multiplus through VE Connect over Bluetooth the status is "fault" or "Unknown" and the AC input and AC output does not show any status on one of the two legs. Occasionally it will match the remote screen showing the proper charging state, but changes to fault seconds after loading. I cannot replicate the conditions to make it show the correct status. One leg works good and the other does not. Everything was working great before the updates. The Multiplus 3000 appears to be working fine but I can not monitor it or make any changes to it through the bluetooth. I have disconnected it from my Android Galaxy S10 and reconnected it with no results. I contacted the company I purchased the equipment from and they said Victron was working on a fix for the latest update and should be out soon. Need to find a fix for this please??

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/93095/multiplus-3000-12v-reporting-unknown-vs-inverting.html

It is a known bug in the last FW. Check again for updates. There should be a new version of VictronConnect that will roll back the FW to the previous one.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

david-d avatar image david-d commented ·
Where do I look for it at. I've gone to the VE.Bus Smart Dongle in my phone and hit update and it just says it has the latest update.(1.10) Some one said to remove all Victron apps form my phone and reinstall it. I'm concerned if this will reset settings in the inverters. ?? And second, would it just install the same latest version again? Thanks for your help!

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ david-d commented ·
You have to check in Playstore (Android) or AppStore (Apple) for updates for the VictronConnect app.

Deleting and reinstalling the app will do nothing to your settings because the settings are stored inside the device not on your phone.

I guess it will just install v1.09 again.

0 Likes 0 ·
david-d avatar image david-d Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
OK. I had a second phone and installed the Victron app on it and it installed the old1.09 version. I double checked and all the settings and they stayed the same. I then deleted the app from my regular phone and reinstalled it. It down loaded the1.09 version as well. My phone is reading everything just as in the begging. All is good until the next update I guess. Thanks for your help Matthias!!!!!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources