question

Alan Star avatar image
Alan Star asked

Charger Remote on / off in quattro or multiplus?

Hi, I currently have a quattro 5000 with lithium bank 48v and I have my bms wired to the remote port on my smartsolar 150/85 which disables charging should one of the cells get to high, my question is can I also trigger this in the quatro or a multiplus to stop charging from an ac source (generator) should a cell voltage get too high? I had a look at manual for quatro but couldn't see easily, want to make sure I don't damage baterries by overcharging. Thanks.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingLithium BatteryBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Yes this is possible using the BMS assistant. This Assistant can be configured in VE.Configure.
Have a read through this document here to get started:
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-Connecting-other-lithium-battery-systems-to-Multis-and-Quattros-EN.pdf

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alan Star avatar image Alan Star commented ·
Is ve, configure pc only ? I have ordered ve.bus Bluetooth dongle, can I adjust using VictronConnect app?
0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I would configure the Generator relay in the Quatro to shut off the generator at 40 - 50% SOC, and restart at 20% soc, then the over charge condition is not relevant for the Quatro. End SOC only needs to be high enough to get you through a 'quiet' period, i.e. overnight. Shutting the generator down at 50% soc leave battery capacity for solar charging, and does not damage the lithiums - frequent cycling through mid range SOC is no problem.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alan Star avatar image Alan Star commented ·
Good idea, no relay tho, at the moment would start gen set manually.
0 Likes 0 ·