question

conradzik avatar image
conradzik asked

Remotely controlling Multiplus

Hi all,

I've got a Multiplus 12/3000, Cerbo GX and VE.Bus BMS at the heart of my system.

A while back I unfortunately found out that the Multiplus cannot be controlled remotely using the Cerbo GX when a VE.Bus BMS is present. The On/Off/Charge Only. The only way to control it is with the switch located on the front of the MP.

So I'm looking at other solutions to allow me to switch the Multiplus between on and charge only. I have no need for the off function.

I think relay 2 on the Cerbo GX would be good for this. Does anyone see any potential issues? My Multiplus is well out of warranty and I have no issues with removing the physical switch from the device if I can't manage to solder wires alongside it.

Please let me know what you think!

Thank you.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@conradzik

There are several options open to you

https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/digital-multi-control-panel-gx

https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/digital-multi-control-200-200a

You should be able to remote on off it from the menu on the GX - device list- multi - switch

1623265384338.png

1623265384338.png (12.2 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

conradzik avatar image conradzik commented ·

Thank you! I've looked at the GX multi control, but I kind of hate the fact that I need another panel mounted device just to remote control something that had the ability to be controlled remotely before another Victron product was added to the mix. My build is very very small so I'm trying to avoid additional devices. I don't have any room available.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ conradzik commented ·

Then the software switch over local wifi will be the simplest option then

0 Likes 0 ·