question

Mathew Hamilton Green avatar image
Mathew Hamilton Green asked

Victron 500w inverter has started rebooting randomly

Hi

I’ve had a 500w inverter for about 18 months. It’s been used on a daily basis. I live full time in a motorhome.

it’s been working fine until recently where it now starts rebooting even under zero load. Just turned on with nothing connected.

Any ideas why?

Is this a fault that can be fixed?

I bought Victron and spent the extra money for value and I’ll be slightly miffed if it’s failed already.

Cherrs

Mat

Phoenix Inverterreboot
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Mathew Hamilton Green answered ·

Sorry forgot to add the error message is low voltage even though the battery pack is fully charged!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello Mathew, Check your cabling, fused, bolds. If you have a VE.direct of Bluetooth connection available, check the Voltage reading when giving some load to the inverter. If the voltage goes down (down), this points to a bad cable/connection.

Let us know how this goes.

regards, Rob

1 comment
2 |3000

Mathew Hamilton Green avatar image Mathew Hamilton Green commented ·

Do you have any idea what might cause my cable to go black?

0 Likes 0 ·

I’ve checked my cables and all is good. No fuse issues.

Literally nothing changed then sudden reboots.

is it possible that a component has failed?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

It's always possible that an internal component has failed.

If you can't find the problem yourself you should ask a local installer for help or contact the dealer from whom you bought the inverter.

0 Likes 0 ·

5ffcbaad-b215-40f5-a7c3-4a9bc2e894f5.jpegI think you were right!!! Fingers crossed that further testing will prove that but I found the end of the POSITIVE cable going into the inverter was black. Do you know what would cause this?

I’ve also uploaded a photo of the cable cut back and shiny!!

cce89777-6f25-412d-9b3b-541092f586a2.jpeg

2 |3000

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic