question

peter-holm avatar image
peter-holm asked

Multiplus 12/1600/70 relay clicks when AC shore power is connected not charging inverter works

Hello Phoenix Multiplus 12/1600/70 started to cut out on AC in 'charger only' setting connected to shore line. It started intermittently and I assumed it was voltage drop from shore post changed cables & input but no issues. The green light comes on for inverter and 230V sockets work from that but as soon as 16A shore plug is connected fan comes on then orange charging light briefly then relay clicks and shuts down the red thermo fuse no doesn't pop out???

I have 4x sealed Hankook 12v leisure DC batteries along with 600w solar to a 50A MPPT charge controller which was doing fine for 4+ years only recently with addition of 2x 500w smart radiators being installed if they were on at same time as fan oven the Multiplus fuse would pop out then reset when pushed back in. A guest on boat confessed to using an electric kettle which may of pushed past 1600w limit of the Victron could this of broken charger? The inverter still works I have tried pushing up the AC plug connectors to ensure a good connection anything else I can try internal fuse replacement?

Thanks in advance

Peter

battery chargingRelayfuses
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic