question

philemon avatar image
philemon asked

Issue Charging bms with mppt

Hello,

I have 330w PV panel, 100 20 mppt regulator and 12v battery built with 18650 cells and bms 3s.

Charging input IS 12.6v to 13v.

Thé regulator Never shows more than 20w while Charging. Also, the "battery voltage" in thé main board IS Always equal to thé battery voltage setting even if thé actual battery voltage IS lower.

I have tested with 3s battery without bms, same results, and 12v lead acid battery, same results...

Could thé regulator bé broken ?

save-20210429-155414.jpg

save-20210427-145231.jpg

BMScharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich answered ·

Hello,

In my installation I was able to determine that the charging power also depended on the cable cross-section used. After I swapped the cables, the performance increased significantly.

How long are the cables between the MPPT solar charge controller and the battery? What is their cross-section?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It seems to me like there is no connection to the battery. Did you check the fuse on the left hand side of the charge controller. If this is open circuit then there will be no connection to the battery and the charger will always be able to reach Absorption and no charging current will be observed.

2 |3000

philemon avatar image
philemon answered ·

Hello. My wires are 50 cm long and 2,5 mm cross section.

Thank you

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Try 4 series.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page