question

czarofak avatar image
czarofak asked

Multiplus 12/1600 2-Signal BMS

Due to Space limitations i have to install max. the Multiplus C 12/1600. I use the diyBMS, a RaspberryPi with Venus OS some SmartSolars and a SmartShunt.

I have seen, that there is a way to connect 2-Signal BMS to a Multiplus 3000 and bigger. As the 1600 does not have a AUX input, can i use another device? e.g. Temp sensor of the Multiplus for OVP and the Aux input of the SmartShunt? Or ist there an alternative way of connecting my BMS to the Multiplus?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

czarofak avatar image czarofak commented ·

I am going to get my Multiplus C 12/1600 next week. so i will try what options i have.

In the meantime i appreciate every hint.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You could do is to use this cable:
https://www.victronenergy.com/cables/cable-for-smart-bms-cl-12-100-multiplus
and set the 2-signal BMS assistant to "BMS has one contact for high and low"

Or you use the low cell signal from you BMS with the assistant and with the high cell signal from the BMS you cut-off the AC IN with a relay.

Or you use the low cell signal to switch a relay that is connected to the remote switch of the Multi to switch it from ON to Charger-only.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

czarofak avatar image
czarofak answered ·

2 |3000

czarofak avatar image
czarofak answered ·

Three very interesting ideas. Thanks!

I have checked the installation instruction of the the proposed cable. But somehow, i have missed which input it uses. Does it uses the "H" "Remote switch"? Can i use the RaspberryPi with Venus OS at the same time?

If i use this cable, could i not use "D" "Temperature sensor" as the second input? The temperature will be provided anyway by the SmartShunt.

5 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Yes, you are correct.

The manual says to connect it to the remote switch but if I remember correctly I also used it successfully at the T-sense input and 2-signal BMS assistant.

0 Likes 0 ·
czarofak avatar image czarofak Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Is there eventually a chance, to use the SmartShunt as the second input? it would be easier to have OVP and LVP separated. The i would use a CAN.bus temp sensor to provide the correct battery temperatur to the system.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ czarofak commented ·

The AUX of the SmartShunt is only to measure the voltage of a 2nd battery or mid-point votage in a 24V system or temperature.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/SmartShunt/en/installation.html#UUID-a10646e3-b62d-00ab-0abb-7f807edfb62f

0 Likes 0 ·
czarofak avatar image czarofak Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE , how does the remote switch work?

no connection = inverter: off / charger: off

Pin 2-3 = inverter: on / charger: on

Pin 1-2 = inverter: off / charger: on

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ czarofak commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
czarofak avatar image
czarofak answered ·
2 |3000