question

yaute avatar image
yaute asked

Error codes on MPPT RS 450

Hi,

I’m currently testing the new MPPT RS 450. I got twice the error code "#121 Tester Fail". I am not able to find the list of error codes for this equipment. Thanks in advance to point me this list.

Cheers

mppt rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi Yaute,

The list of error codes can be found here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/mppt-error-codes

For this specific error it contains the following text:

Err 121 - Tester fail

If the unit does not work and error 121 pops up as the active error the unit is faulty, contact your dealer for a replacement.

If the error is only present in the history data and the unit operates normally this error can be ignored safely. Explanation: when the units powers up for the very first time in the factory, it does not have calibration data and an error 121 is logged. Obviously this should have been cleared, but in the beginning units left the factory with this message still in the history data.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

yaute avatar image yaute commented ·

Hi Thiemo,
Thanks to have updated the mppt-error-codes list few days ago. It will be great to add the #10 "Battery low" as the #121 is always associated with #10 "low battery". FYI, I monitored the battry voltage on the RS 450 and I did not seen any glitch. The RS 450 did produce without "Yesterday" and "2 days ago" but it logs other stuff. Shall I ask VE an RMA?signal-2021-05-09-073358.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Yaute,

Can you clear the history and then keep an eye out whether it happens again? You can clear the history using the icon on the right:

1620628964037.png

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
1620628964037.png (192.6 KiB)
yaute avatar image yaute yaute commented ·

Hi Thiemo,

The overall counter of kWh seems to work. But the history not at all, 2 weeks later I've still the same value on my snapshot, the only difference is the overall counter of kWh! I use to fetch the data (see Log.pdf).

The MPPT works but the history fails. Shall I wait for a firmware update or shall I request a RMA?

BR

signal-2021-05-25-113159.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
log.pdf (59.8 KiB)

Hi,

Did you clear the history as I mentioned in my response?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
yaute avatar image yaute Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Hi Thiemo,

Yes I did it the day after you've requested me.

BR

0 Likes 0 ·
yaute avatar image
yaute answered ·

Hi Thiemo,

The firmware 1.04 fixed my bugs. In your changelog you mention: "Fix 30-day history on systems that only use an external AC coupled PV inverter.". In my case the MPPT RS is off-grid but associated with a AC coupled inverter Fronius.

BR

2 |3000