question

paulcooper avatar image
paulcooper asked

MPPT RS case interferes with the VE.Direct connector

I am using a Victron VE.Direct cable with my MPPT RS 450/100. The position of the MPPT case means that the cable plug won't fully seat home in the socket of the MPPT. More than once it has not made a connection between my MultiPlus II GX and the MPPT. This seems like a design flaw and could be rectified by making up my own cable rather than using the Victron cable. Alternatively I could cut away some of the case but would rather not do this. Any advice?

img-3276.jpeg

img-3274.jpeg

VE.Directmppt rs
img-3276.jpeg (168.2 KiB)
img-3274.jpeg (140.2 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ingo avatar image Ingo commented ·

I haven't checked my own connection but it surely is a small oversight from the quality checkers if you ask me. I would shave off a bit of the connector if possible rather than making my own cable. The chassis mod seems to be the only longterm fix in my opinion.

0 Likes 0 ·
paulcooper avatar image paulcooper Ingo commented ·

Thanks Ingo. This is what I decided to do instead of cutting the metal case. The VE.Direct plug now makes a good contact.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, thanks for spotting this. An oversight indeed; not good.

We’ll fix it for future production. And indeed most likely by a change in the enclosure.

Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.