question

Robert avatar image
Robert asked

Phoenix Inverter VE.Direct 24/1200 alternately flashing red and green - needs a firmware file

I have a Phoenix VE.direct 24/1200 inverter with alternately flashing red and green leds, which apparently means a calibration or firmware error.

To try to fix it, it was recommended to re-flash the firmware, but VictronConnect says it is up-to-date with V1.22, and doesn’t allow re-flashing except with a manually downloaded file.

Does anyone know where to find the correct firmware file?

On Victron-Professional there is a whole list of V1.21 files - none of them are accepted by VictronConnect (they all give error D90, "firmware is not for this product").

With an older version of VictronConnect the Phoenix 24/1200 inverter identifies itself as unsupported but it gives the product ID as A2F2 so if I correctly understand the naming conventions, it would need a firmware file called “phoenix_inverter_A2F2_v01.21.dup” which is not listed under “Phoenix Inverter VE.Direct”.

This inverter was just bought and has had this problem since the very beginning, unfortunately it came from a dealer in Slovakia whereas I am in France, so I am hoping to be able to fix it without having to pay the rather expensive postage for returning it, since apparently Victron does not handle any warranty issues directly, i.e., only be going through the dealer who sold the device …

Many thanks for any insights!

Phoenix Inverterfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

By the looks of it, It has to be returned for replacement

Thats by the look of the error as you described that shows in the Victron toolkit.

However, MAYBE if you approach a victron dealer in your area, and maybe offer them something for there time then they MAY and I STRESS MAY, help you, be pleasant and explain the reason why you purchased it so far away.

some times and in certain situations they can help out.

Ie we have boats arriving from all over the world here and from time to time a victron Warranty issue occurs, and most times if the person is nice and supports us in other areas, then we can turn a blind eye to that return requirement.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Robert avatar image Robert commented ·

Many thanks for your suggestion !

0 Likes 0 ·