question

Gary Pacey avatar image
Gary Pacey asked

Multi Control from Cerbo Touch 50 Home Page

The most common operation on a mobile system is to control the multi - Off, On, Charge Only and Inverter Only. With a Cerbo Touch 50, it requires finding the multi and then into the switch section.

It would be great if the Multi switch control functions were available as a popup on the home screen. Simply touch the Multi icon and control the state by a popup selection.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxswitch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Gary, this screen has exactly those functions:

19441-1619765736295.png

Enable it in Settings -> Display & language:

1619765776471.png

12 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

leverg avatar image leverg commented ·

I think Gary means you can turn the Multiplus on and of or in charge mode from the home screen ?

Instead of going though the menu, choose multiplus and then enable charging, both or off.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ leverg commented ·

Hi @Leverg, in above page you can do exactly that. Those three gray boxes at the bottom are "buttons".

0 Likes 0 ·
leverg avatar image leverg mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Oh, that`s nice, gonna get one Certbo touch today :) Yesterday bought a multiplus :) Keep going to Bodegraven :)

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ leverg commented ·

Hahaha, well best regards to our great distributor over there!

0 Likes 0 ·
orion60 avatar image orion60 mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Is there any reason why "Inverter Only" is not one of the options available from the "Boat and Motorhome" page? I realize I can get to this setting via the Menu on my Cerbo touch (or remotely via VRM), but it would be nice if this was one of the modes it cycled through directly from the page. Better yet would be if the interface wouldn't cycle through all the modes, but when you touched the gray box, a small menu would pop up with all the selections, allowing you to tap on the desired function. Hey, a guy can dream, right? ;-)
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem orion60 commented ·

I included Inverter Only in the cycle in my GuiMods (and GuiMods2) enhancements to the Mobile Overview. I also provided the current mode in the black "switch" area on the inverter tile on the flow overview screen and touching that brings up a menu to select the mode you want as you described. Have a look:

https://github.com/kwindrem/GuiMods2

I use inverter only a bit especially when testing my system, for example to see how my RV will get by on just solar. Off and On are the most important modes in real life. I can see leaving a system in Charger Only when unattended so that a grid failure doesn't drain the batteries. Inverter Only doesn't really have any practical use outside of system testing which may be why it was left off the cycle. Just a guess.

0 Likes 0 ·
orion60 avatar image orion60 Kevin Windrem commented ·
Thanks for the response, Kevin. So, do you run this on a Pi, or do you install this on a GX device (Cerbo, etc.)? Please excuse me ignorance.

Also, I agree that Inverter Only is not something most folks would use very often, so your guess is probably spot on. Like you, I use it for testing, but I also sometimes want to make sure I'm using solar to charge/power my RV instead of the host I'm plugged into. Why should I use their power when I can grab some for free from the sun? :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem orion60 commented ·

GuiMods and SetupHelper are installed on the GX device (Cerbo, etc.)

A recent addition to SetupHelper provides a "blind install" of it an GuiMods2 so all you need to do is put a file on a USB stick, place it in the GX device and reboot twice. See the SetupHelper ReadMe for details

https://github.com/kwindrem/SetupHelper

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark commented ·

The pump switch,doesn’t seem to work in manual mode!

0 Likes 0 ·
laurenceh avatar image laurenceh commented ·

The Control of my multi switch does not seem to work on my system from any screen. I can see this but can’t change the state.

1619850152801.jpeg(Currently I left the multi switched off because I’d did not have remote control)

Do I need to configure anything in the multi to enable remote control?

0 Likes 0 ·
1619850152801.jpeg (152.2 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ laurenceh commented ·

Hi Laurenceh in some systems you can’t switch the multi on and off, for example if you have a Digital Multi Control panel installed, or if you have a VE.Bus BMS.

See Cerbo manual for the exact details.

0 Likes 0 ·
laurenceh avatar image laurenceh mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Matthijs, neither of these apply I have a multi compact 12/2000/80-30 connected by an mk3/USB to my raspberry pi Venus OS. I don’t feel to bad about not purchasing a Cerbo or CCGX given what I have spent on the Victron multi, bmv and MPPT.
Anyway as the Multi was installed by a Victron dealer but I then added the Venus OS bits I wondered if I needed to set dip switched inside the multi compact to enable remote switch control ( as appears to be necessary for the Digital multi control.)

Laurence

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I considered adding inverter control to the "flow overview" (aka home screen). I had also considered setting AC input current limit as well. In the end, I decided a tap on the AC input tile to set current limit and a tap on the inverter to set it's mode would conflict with a swipe to change overview screens. The "tile overview" has a similar behavior in that a swipe on the bottom of the screen scrolls to a new set of tiles while a swipe on the top changes overviews so I may be overreacting.

2 |3000