question

kurs270 avatar image
kurs270 asked

DVCC not controlling charger(Qattro) correctly

Hi everybody,

I have configuration on my boat consisting of a quattro, a PI with venus os and a battery bank.

In preparation for installing new batteries I set up a (fake) Battery that reports Info/MaxChargeCurrent, Info/MaxChargeVoltage and Info/MaxDischargeCurrent to the DBus.

All Values appear correctly on the DBus.

I enabled DVCC, configured my new battery as controlling BMS and enabled "has DC system". The Battery and the DC-Loads are displayed correctly in the UI and the Quattro's charge state is displayed as "Ext control".

I would now expect the Quattro to provide the requested charge current to the Battery, taking into account the actual charge current as reported by the battery.

However, it does not.

The charge current limit as reported by the BMS does have some effect on the charge current provided by the Quattro, but apparently it is matched against the current delivered by the Quattro (including the consumption of the other DC loads) and not against the current as reported by the BMS.

So for example when the BMS reports a charge current limit of 10A and the DC loads in the system draw 10A, the battery isn't charged at all.

See screenshots below.

ui.jpg

mqtt-battery.jpg

I would expect the Quattro to adjust its output so that the charge current received by the battery is 10A

mqtt-vebus.jpg

Instead it adjusts its total output to 10A (or somewhere near that).

When I change the MaxChargeCurrent value, the Quattro's output changes accordingly. So, when I reduce the MaxChargeCurrent to 1A, the battery is even discharged!

IMHO the Quattro should deliver enough power to the DC-Bus to charge the battery with exactly the current it asks for.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxDVCC
ui.jpg (18.0 KiB)
mqtt-battery.jpg (77.3 KiB)
mqtt-vebus.jpg (50.1 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Kurs270

Is your DC load measured? Or guestimates?

0 Likes 0 ·
kurs270 avatar image kurs270 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
The DC load is not measured. (but estimated rather correctly by the quattro as being current[quattro] - current[battery] )
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers