question

trulsla avatar image
trulsla asked

Can I add victron datafields to my Simrad/Navico plotter?

Can I add datafields from Victron GX to the infobar on right side? I would like to have voltage value and solar PV charger value. Other NMEA2000 equipment can be implemented in the sidebars.

1617973045989.png

cerbo gxNMEA 2000 - N2Ksystem integration
1617973045989.png (577.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
ningaloo avatar image
ningaloo answered ·

Although my experience is with B&G rather than Simrad, they are essentially the same and it is my understanding that the red panel that you have highlighted is fully configurable with any N2K data on the network.

I am interested in the Victron pent to the left of the highlighted panel. How did you implement this?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

trulsla avatar image trulsla commented ·

With the spilt screen function. The problem is that the Cerbo GX is connected with ethernet cable and not N2K. Thus the question if it is configurable.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

hi both, answers to all your questions are in the docs

> Both the NMEA2000 and HTML5 App/Ethernet connections can be made and used at the same time.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.can:nmea-2000:start

1 comment
2 |3000

jihouni avatar image jihouni commented ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.can:nmea-2000:start

0 Likes 0 ·
ningaloo avatar image
ningaloo answered ·

I reviewed your pictures again and now understand that the Victron panel on the MFD is achieved as described here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:mfd-navico

My thoughts are that your gx device is communicating directly with the MFD in a proprietary way, without putting the Victron data onto the N2K network. You might need to add the Victron N2K bridge to achieve what you want.

Does anyone know if the raspberry pi implementation of the GX OS will also allow connection to the Navico MFDs via either et to give the custom panel? If this was coupled with Signal-K you might get both the custom panel and the N2K data from the R-Pi.

[Edit: Just seen mvader response which confirms need for separate n2k connection.]

2 |3000

marjory avatar image
marjory answered ·

Advanced Features are included with an active subscription for updates on your chart plotter card. Not all features are available for all models. See our Compatibility Guide for the most current information.

PrepaidGiftBalance

2 |3000

merlinpendragonx avatar image
merlinpendragonx answered ·

Greetings All , Question is . When using a Venus GX or Curbo GX . I need to activate one of the relays based off one of the Temp Sensors plugged in to the Venus or Curbo . I can get an alarm via the VRM as well as an email notification and that works fine but I need the relay on the Curbo to be activated . This is to enable a backup system for the refrigerator . Any advice would be great if this can be setup .

https://www.prepaidgiftbalance.fyi/

2 |3000

payslipview avatar image
payslipview answered ·

Click Insert, Data Fields, Fields from Table. Click in the work area and drag the cursor to draw a field (rectangular area). .In the Tables list, select the table from which you want to select columns. .Click the toggle field to the right of the desired column in the Columns list.

payslipview

2 |3000

jihouni avatar image
jihouni answered ·

This is a reference measure, thanks!

klondike solitaire

2 |3000

Related Resources