question

nfluester avatar image

Dummies guide to Cerbo - NMEA - Raymarine

I have read several posts and the manual but I still can't make sense of how to get the Cerbo data to display on either my Raymarine I70 or Axiom display!

i have the app working through the Raynet cable which is nice but I also have the NMEA cable wired from Cerbo to the Seatalk NG network (NMEA2000).

I am looking to get tanks and battery data out.

I can see everything listed on the under the NMEA listings on the Axiom but can find them when i tr to add to a new page.

I have read several posts on here regarding changing Device instances on the Cerbo or having to telnet into the Cerbo and change the Data instances i find the manual rather ambiguous!

has anyone done it and can give me an idiots guide please?

cerbo gxNMEA 2000 - N2Kraymarine
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

On the Axiom in the Settings of the Dashboard App choose for Add Page then pick a layout, give a name.

Then an empty page opens, choose for Edit (just tap on the empy page) and add the values you want to see.

for example choose Battery> Battery Voltage

This is Lighthouse 3.13 on Axiom Plus 12"

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

I will give it a try whats all the info about changing device or data ID'S is that not relevant for raymarine?

I was a bit confused too but later on it made sense to me.

If there are more than 1 (for example) SmartShunt in the NMEA2000 network then you fiddle with the ID's. to make the 2nd device can be seen too.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey both, good question, and at the moment indeed rather minimally described in our documentation on Raymarine, Victrom and NMEA2000.

I did improve the text a little bit, using Peter his answer.

Please let me know if more needs adding. And also welcome to make the changes yourself.

2 |3000

nfluester avatar image
nfluester answered ·

so i was down at the boat at the weekend and tried what you said to create a new page and look for the devices but couldnt see anything in the list that related to the victron components

2 |3000