question

nfluester avatar image

Dummies guide to Cerbo - NMEA - Raymarine

I have read several posts and the manual but I still can't make sense of how to get the Cerbo data to display on either my Raymarine I70 or Axiom display!

i have the app working through the Raynet cable which is nice but I also have the NMEA cable wired from Cerbo to the Seatalk NG network (NMEA2000).

I am looking to get tanks and battery data out.

I can see everything listed on the under the NMEA listings on the Axiom but can find them when i tr to add to a new page.

I have read several posts on here regarding changing Device instances on the Cerbo or having to telnet into the Cerbo and change the Data instances i find the manual rather ambiguous!

has anyone done it and can give me an idiots guide please?

cerbo gxNMEA 2000 - N2Kraymarine
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nfluester avatar image
nfluester answered ·

so i was down at the boat at the weekend and tried what you said to create a new page and look for the devices but couldnt see anything in the list that related to the victron components

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey both, good question, and at the moment indeed rather minimally described in our documentation on Raymarine, Victrom and NMEA2000.

I did improve the text a little bit, using Peter his answer.

Please let me know if more needs adding. And also welcome to make the changes yourself.

Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

On the Axiom in the Settings of the Dashboard App choose for Add Page then pick a layout, give a name.

Then an empty page opens, choose for Edit (just tap on the empy page) and add the values you want to see.

for example choose Battery> Battery Voltage

This is Lighthouse 3.13 on Axiom Plus 12"

2 comments

I will give it a try whats all the info about changing device or data ID'S is that not relevant for raymarine?

I was a bit confused too but later on it made sense to me.

If there are more than 1 (for example) SmartShunt in the NMEA2000 network then you fiddle with the ID's. to make the 2nd device can be seen too.