question

james-eaddy avatar image

Status Bulk Charging w/Voltage, but Current at 0 Amps

Hello, I have a 100/15 MPPT connected to a small vehicle solar array. It currently shows a state of Bulk Charging, but it shows 0 amps under current PV and Batt.

I've checked all fuses and made sure it's set properly for my AMG battery. When I initially hooked up the MPPT it showed Amps for the current, but after about 1hour it went to 0 Amps and has never changed from there (multiple days).

Firmware has also been updated.

screenshot-20210404-130708.png

Venus OSbattery chargingmppt chargingcharge controller error
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
james-eaddy avatar image
james-eaddy answered ·

Just in case someone else finds this post. The following thread answered my question: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/18415/no-watts-no-amps-but-batteries-are-ok.html

Sort explanation is I was seeing zero values because the MPPT had nothing to charge at the time.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

What Size is the "small" pv Array ? It's Voltage must be 5 volts above batteryvoltage to charge ...

1 comment

There is a 24/7 50watt panel and a 100watt panel that is connected part time in parallel.

This was with the 100watt panel connected, and the 50watt disconnected to avoid reducing power (as a test).

I did watch the MPPT cycle from Bulk, Absorption and finally Float over a 30 minute period all while staying 0 Amps. Vehicle was off so Batts weren't getting alternator power.

I'm guessing the 20v and 12v shown in the app isn't the +5v number it goes by to start the charging process then?