question

james-eaddy avatar image
james-eaddy asked

Status Bulk Charging w/Voltage, but Current at 0 Amps

Hello, I have a 100/15 MPPT connected to a small vehicle solar array. It currently shows a state of Bulk Charging, but it shows 0 amps under current PV and Batt.

I've checked all fuses and made sure it's set properly for my AMG battery. When I initially hooked up the MPPT it showed Amps for the current, but after about 1hour it went to 0 Amps and has never changed from there (multiple days).

Firmware has also been updated.

screenshot-20210404-130708.png

battery chargingVenus OSerrormppt charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
james-eaddy avatar image
james-eaddy answered ·

Just in case someone else finds this post. The following thread answered my question: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/18415/no-watts-no-amps-but-batteries-are-ok.html

Sort explanation is I was seeing zero values because the MPPT had nothing to charge at the time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

What Size is the "small" pv Array ? It's Voltage must be 5 volts above batteryvoltage to charge ...

1 comment
2 |3000

james-eaddy avatar image james-eaddy commented ·

There is a 24/7 50watt panel and a 100watt panel that is connected part time in parallel.

This was with the 100watt panel connected, and the 50watt disconnected to avoid reducing power (as a test).

I did watch the MPPT cycle from Bulk, Absorption and finally Float over a 30 minute period all while staying 0 Amps. Vehicle was off so Batts weren't getting alternator power.

I'm guessing the 20v and 12v shown in the app isn't the +5v number it goes by to start the charging process then?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic